Latest HORN Products
- Chip breaking even with difficult-to-cut materials
- Optimum chip control with pitches from 0.5 to 1.25 mm
- Compatible with existing standard range System Mini 108
- Productive machining of deep and shallow grooves using new tool system
- Tools based on the Supermini 105 system
- Fast production of curved and undulating grooves
- The only whirling tool to feature an internal coolant supply
- Long tool life and excellent surface quality thanks to targeted cooling of the cutting zone
- Accurate indexability when changing the whirling head owing to the precise interface
- High productivity through turning and whirling operations performed simultaneously
- Long tool life and excellent surface quality as a result of pre-turning the thread diameter
- Machine and process technology partners Index / Traub
- Cost-effective production of prototypes using SLM technology
- Machining post-processing through close networking with mechanical production
- Support and advice for SLM-compliant design
- 16 edges boost productivity
- Excellent stability from negative geometry
- Reduced vibration and exceptionally quiet running due to asymmetrical distribution
- For mould and die industry
- Addition to high-feed systems
- Long tool life from matched substrates
- Excellent torque transmission thanks to large shank diameter
- Six inserts for face milling and corner milling
- Excellent vibration absorption through carbide shank
- Flexible and expandable machining
- Expansion for the Tornos MultiSwiss modular holder system
- Use of all Supermini type L105 cutting inserts
- Inexpensive production of splines, polygons and other shapes
- For external and internal machining
- Very well suited to series production processes
- New range of different geometries for conventional broaches and broaching units
- New coating enables longer tool life
- Universal use and improved reliability, even with hard-to-cut materials
- Economical machining of sintered carbides
- Drilling into solid up to 10 x diameter
- Saves the need for long eroding processes
- Wider selection of grades
- Longer tool life, even with hard-to-cut materials
- For machining specific material groups
- The world‘s only disc milling cutter with six-edged milling inserts
- High precision and surface quality
- Toolholder protected by surface treatment against chip impact
- Easily adaptable groove width thanks to adjustable body
- Flexible groove width reduces tooling costs
- Equipped with indexable inserts type 406 or 409
Contains Flyer 2/17 and 5 to 22/17:
Tool systems for gear skiving / DA62 Milling system / DA32 insert with diamond tip / Toodle high speed spindles for use with end mills DS / DCG thread milling cutter for M1 to M2.5 / Finishing end mills DS / DD solid carbide drills / High-performance DR reaming system / Precision sintered insert S64T / Grooving blade with internal cooling / Insert type 315, CBN-tipped / 25A Axial grooving system with extended working range / Internal grooving with the 209 and 216 systems / Extension for the modular system 960 / EG3/EG5 for Supermini, Mini and 312 / Machining sintered carbide / Targeted cooling at the cutting edge / Face milling cutters and shoulder mills ETAtec 45P / Face milling cutters and shoulder mills ZETAtec 90N
Drilling, grooving, turning and milling features and contours in sintered carbide – without pre-treatment or subsequent treatment – is not possible with standard tool concepts available on the market. For such applications, CVD-D-tipped tools offer real advantages. Their geometrically defined cutting edges are adapted to the particular machining tasks – from extremely sharp and rounded, all the way up to positive and negative chamfers.
Materials that are extremely difficult to machine can pose a significant manufacturing and financial challenge to cutting tools – particularly when it comes to small and miniature parts. To address the needs of these applications – in which tools from the Supermini product series machine holes with diameters from 0.2 mm – HORN has developed the EG3 and EG5 coatings.
The new grooving systems are designed for internal machining of bores with diameters ≥ 16 mm (system 209) and ≥ 20 mm (system 216). At retraction distances up to 50 mm, a groove depth of max. 7.5 mm can be achieved. Key elements of both systems include tool hold-ers with internal cooling and twoedged indexable inserts with cutting widths of 2 to 6 mm.
New products for the proven 25A axial grooving system with cartridge design and round shanks enhance its possible applications. Whereas the previous system with one-edged or two-edged indexable inserts achieved cutting widths of 2 to 4 mm, and a grooving depth of up to 18 mm from an external diameter of 15 mm, the further developed cartridge and round shank versions now allow for grooving diameters of 50 to 65 mm and from 65 to 80 mm with cutting widths of 3 and 4 mm.
The patented DR reaming system with its uncoated or coated reamers has been proving its worth for many years in applications involving diameters from 11.9 to 140.6 mm.
Fastest possible delivery times can be offered for these highprecision tools. Users at EMO are being informed that the most popular reamers are now available from stock: for H7 bores from 12 to 50 mm in diameter in millimetre increments and for bores from 52 to 100 mm in diameter in a further eleven sizes.
With the solid carbide tools from the DS milling cutter family, HORN is incorporating top-class products into its portfolio for machining copper, graphite, aluminium, plastics, fibrereinforced plastics, soft and hardened steels as well as titanium and superalloys. The end, torus, full radius, double radius, multi-edge and roughing cutters are available in diameters from 2 to 16 mm, and micro end mills have diameters ≥ 0.2 mm.
The solid carbide milling cutters from the DCG series have been proving themselves in the production of threads sized from M3 to M12 for many years. As the single-row milling cutters can be used for different pitches, high operational flexibility is guaranteed.
New developments for this series are being showcased at EMO.
At EMO Hannover, HORN is presenting the high-speed spindles from SFI Toodle, which have recently been added to its portfolio. With this addition, users do not just benefit from the advantages of these world-renowned spindles – in particular, they can reap the rewards of combining them with the solid carbide milling cutters from HORN's DS series. More than 600 DS milling cutters with cutting edge diameters of between 0.1 and 3 mm can be supplied with a premounted Toodle spindle within one week.
HORN will introduce a range of solid carbide drills at EMO in Hannover. Two geometry variants with diameters from 4.0 mm to 18.0 mm are available.
The tools feature the excellent standard of precision that customers have come to expect from HORN. They are produced with particular attention paid to the surface quality, the precision of the ground geometry and the cutting edge preparation.
The ZETAtec 90N arbour milling cutters, featuring diameters of 50 mm to 160 mm, are equipped with five to ten inserts, each of which has six cutting edges. The excellent standards of reliability they achieve during rough machining are thanks to their negative geometry – while the positive rake angle ensures a smooth cut.
The ETAtec 45P arbour milling cutters, featuring diameters of 50 mm to 160 mm, come equipped with between five and ten 7-edged inserts. The tools not only offer a 45° angle of attack and positive geometry, but also generate low cutting forces, all of which ensures a smooth machining process accompanied by high levels of productivity – an important user benefit, particularly in cases where less powerful machines and unstable clamping setups are being used.
HORN presents Boehlerit’s extended product portfolio for turning using tool holders with connections for internal coolant supply. The new tool holders are available with toggle clamp (ISO-P) and screw clamp (ISO-S) systems.
Boehlerit’s new tool holders with connections for internal coolant supply are available with a toggle clamp system (P) and screw clamp system (S).
At the EMO trade fair, HORN's proven DA32 milling system will be on show with diamond-tipped inserts for the first time. This feature allows the tools to achieve outstanding results during shoulder milling, face milling, plunge milling and circular milling. The highly positive geometry of the inserts ensures a particularly smooth cut.
The latest expansion of the 315 grooving system from HORN covers hard machining applications. The single-edged, CBNtipped insert ensures high rigidity in the tool. The insert seat has a large contact surface to direct the cutting pressure into the holder. Furthermore, the central clamping screw enables maximum tightening of the insert.
The new grooving blades are designed for universal use when producing small batch sizes. Six blades with cutting widths of 2.5/3 mm and 4 mm are available for these applications, with each pair of three blades measuring 26 mmand 32 mm high. Their projection length is universally adjustable.
The S64T insert with chipbreaker geometry is an evolution of the S64T insert that was unveiled at AMB 2016. In addition to the more extensive working range it offers, this precision tool with six cutting edges features a range of chipbreaker geometries and the new EG5 coating. Thanks to this coating, as well as the carbide substrate, the new insert is able to machine any kind of steel.
For the high-productivity manufacturing of internal gear teeth, splines and other internal profiles, HORN is introducing tools for gear skiving. This machining method has a number of advantages:
- Considerably shorter processing times in comparison to gear tooth broaching
- Can be used on optimised milling centres
- No undercut necessary at the end of the gear tooth
- Turning and gear cutting possible in a single clamping
HORN has developed the new DA62 milling system for corner, face and plunge milling. The system from the precision tool manufacturer uses a new precision sintered six-edged indexable insert. Both sides of the insert can be used and it has three axial and radial cutting edges on each side. The precision-ground, trigonal insert boasts a large core cross-section and maximum cutting length.
Horn tools for machining cast or forged aluminium wheels deliver high process reliability and excellent surface quality.
The tools, which are based on the tried and proven grooving and longitudinal turning system 229, are available as cutting inserts tipped with carbide and PCD. Furthermore, the portfolio is completed by the S29F system and a comprehensive range of ISO products, both of which are also available in PCD.
Crude oil is one of the most important and most widely used raw materials, particularly as a raw material in the chemical industry and as a fuel for transport and for generating energy. Due to the huge importance of crude oil, the crude oil industry is the largest in the world.
HORN is extending the 960 modular system for the 845 interface by adding new cartridges to hold the S229 insert. The double-edged insert for grooving and parting off, as well as for longitudinal and contour turning, is available ex stock with various chipbreaker geometries and substrates. The maximum grooving depth of the cartridge is 25 mm with a machining diameter of 68 mm. Groove widths between 3 mm and 6 mm are available. All grooving cartridges are fitted with an internal coolant supply. Cooling takes place via the clamping finger and support.
The S100 single cutting edge insert and the S224 double cutting edge insert from HORN are available with internal coolant supply through the insert. The targeted coolant jet acts directly on the point of cutting, thus ensuring optimum cutting conditions. The funnel-shaped nozzle creates a coolant jet which actively supports chip formation and thus reduces the chance of chip jamming. Furthermore, this type of internal cooling significantly reduces the formation of built-up edges and fractures on the cutting edge. Unlike conventional cooling methods, this system therefore achieves higher cutting parameters, which allow the tool to be used even more economically and efficiently.